Friday , June 21 2024

Durian exports reach $2B record

A surge in demand from China has taken Vietnam’s durian exports in the first 10 months to a record US$2.1 billion.

Durian accounted for 51% of all vegetable and fruit exports in the period, according to the Vietnam Fruits & Vegetables Association (Vinafruit).

94% of the durian exports were fresh fruits sent to eight countries, while the remaining 6% were frozen and dried.

China bought 97% of exports at $1.9 billion. Czech was a notable market with a 28-time surge in shipment at $10 million.

Vietnam has surpassed Malaysia and the Philippines in durian exports to China and now is only behind Thailand, said Dang Phuc Nguyen, general secretary of Vinafruit.

In the remaining weeks Vietnam is set to be more competitive as it has off-season durians ready to ship while Thailand is struggling with unfavorable weather.

Exporters anticipate that Vietnam durian exports can hit $2.5 billion this year, and prices might rise to a new peak next month.

Durian farm area in Vietnam has surged from 92,000 hectares in 2010 to 131,000 now. Total durian yield is estimated to rise 15.9% from last year to one million tons this year.

Read More :
- Reduce Hair Loss with PURA D’OR Gold Label Shampoo
- Castor Oil Has Made a “Huge” Difference With Hair and Brow Growth
- Excessive hair loss in men: Signs of illness that cannot be subjective
- Dịch Vụ SEO Website ở Los Angeles, CA: đưa trang web doanh nghiệp bạn lên top Google
- Nails Salon Sierra Madre