The Committee for Management of State Capital (CMSC) has just made its debut on September 30.
Established by the Government, the committee has one Chairman and at most four Vice Chairmen appointed or dismissed by the Prime Minister.
The committee has nine departments, including Department of Agriculture, Department of Industry, Department of Energy, Department of Technology and Infrastructure, Department of General Affairs, Department of Legislation and Internal Control, Department of Staff Organization, Administration Office, and the Information Center.
CMSC will manage State capital and assets at 19 corporations and groups. The corporations and groups have a total State capital of VND821 trillion (USD36 billion) and total value of assets at over VND1.5 quadrillion, equal to 50 per cent of the total State capital and assets at the country’s State-owned enterprises.
The Committee shall act as State owner representative at the following enterprises:
1) State Capital Investment Corporation (SCIC);
2) Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PVN);
3) Electricity of Vietnam (EVN);
4) Vietnam National Petroleum Group (Petrolimex);
5) Vietnam National Chemical Group (VINACHEM);
6) Vietnam Rubber Group (VRG);
7) Vietnam National Coal-Mineral Industries Holding Corporation Limited (VINACOMIN);
8) Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT);
9) Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services One Member Limited Liability (MobiFone);
10) Vietnam National Tobacco Corporation (VINATAB);
11) Vietnam Airlines;
12) Vietnam National Shipping Lines (VINALINES);
13) Vietnam Railways (VNR);
14) Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC);
15) Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV);
16) Vietnam National Coffee Corporation (VINACAFE);
17) Vietnam Southern Food Corporation (VINAFOOD 2);
18) Vietnam Northern Food Corporation (VINAFOOD 1);
19) Vietnam Forest Corporation (VINAFOR);
20) Other enterprises decided by the Prime Minister.