Thursday , April 25 2019
Home / Firefighters destroy large bee’s nest following deadly stings in southern Vietnam

Firefighters destroy large bee’s nest following deadly stings in southern Vietnam

Firefighters in the southern Vietnamese province of Long An have been mobilized to destroy a large honey-bee’s nest from which several bees had stung five people, killing one of them, authorities reported.

Firefighters in the southern Vietnamese province of Long An have been mobilized to destroy a large honey-bee’s nest from which several bees had stung five people, killing one of them, authorities reported.
Firefighters in the southern Vietnamese province of Long An have been mobilized to destroy a large honey-bee’s nest from which several bees had stung five people, killing one of them, authorities reported.

The People’s Committee of Long An’s Duc Hoa District on Friday evening mobilized firefighters to destroy a huge bee’s nest from which several bees had stung a 79-year-old local man to death while he was gardening in Hoa Khanh Tay Commune on Thursday.

Local firemen eliminated the entire bee’s nest at 7 pm on Friday.

The victim was Nguyen Van Dung, who was stung by the bees while he was cleaning in his lemon garden and accidentally touched the nest on Thursday afternoon, confirmed Le Van Chuong, chairman of the commune People’s Committee.

The nest was very large, about 1.5 meters in length and 1.2 meters in diameter, Vietnam Television reported.
Dung suffered numerous bee stings, and his relatives gave him medication and took him to a hospital at 7 pm the same day, but he died on the way.

At Dung’s funeral ceremony held at his house on Friday, bees from the same nest stung several people who came to attend the function, authorities said.

Of these victims, one was in critical condition and was taken to Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City for treatment, while three others, in less serious conditions, were brought to local hospitals.

Nguyen Van Ut, chairman of the district People’s Committee, said this is the first time such serious injuries have been caused by bee stings in the area.